Manitoulin Family Resources Inc. is a multiservice agency providing a wide range of programs to Manitoulin Island, Espanola and the North-east shore of Lake Huron. All of our services are free and confidential.
The mission of Manitoulin Family Resources is “To enhance the quality of life of individuals and families by providing resources, advocacy, support and education through the agency's three program areas of Children's Services, Violence Against Women Prevention, and Food Security”.
To achieve this mission, we work toward the following goals:
- Accessibility of programs to every community
- Informed communities, sensitized to the issues of violence against women and children
- Empowered women, confident in their right to live without violence
- Empowered parents, making positive choices for themselves, their children and their families
- Children whose learning potential is fully maximized
- Healthy families made stronger by their participation in our programs and services
- Access to safe services for women, children and families
- Availability of crisis services
- Effective use of resources
- Accountable services, designed to meet community needs and
- Eradication of violence against women and children in Manitoulin and Lacloche